Thursday, October 30, 2008

Flu Shots

This morning my kids had to be at the doctor's office for their flu shots. Since Daniel is working today I asked a friend of mine to accompany me to the appointment. Can you imagine me taking all six of my kids to get a shot by myself? Not a very good idea! Anyway - Pam, Nicole, and Caleb came with us.


Here are the kids lined up on the table waiting for the nurse to take their temps.


Okay - who wants to have their temperature taken first? Me, me, me!!!


Alanna was a little ticklish.


Joseph actually wanted to have his temp taken today. Usually he doesn't cooperate very well.


Next was Isaac's turn.


I thought this picture was so funny. They were all hoovering around to see what Isaac's temperature was.

After everyone was given a good look over it was time for them to get their shots. I walked all of the kids to the little playroom to stay with Pam, Nicole, and Caleb. Then, I asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to get their shot first. Surprisingly Haili and Malachi raised their hand. Haili and Isaac didn't cry at all. Malachi, Alanna, and Joseph whimpered a little bit, but they were fine by the time the bandaid was on. Ethan did cry, but he also was finished by the time I buttoned his outfit back up (less than 20 seconds). The nurses all bragged on how good they were and gave them all the usually lollipop and sticker. They really were very good - a lot better than I expected them to be after having a shot.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am not surprised at all at how well behaved they were. I'm sure they took their shots like champs! Way better than I would have. LOL

~Kristi