Monday, October 6, 2008

Biking in Damascus

This past weekend we went biking on the Virginia Creeper Trail in Damascus, Virginia with our Sunday School class. This is our second year going, however, we didn't take Haili and Malachi with us this time. My brother and sister in law kept ALL of the kids for us. Thank you so much Jon and Susan! We had a great time.


Daniel and I stopping for a quick picture while we waited for the bikes to be loaded before going to the top of the mountain.


Bruce and Kristi on their bikes.


The handsomest man in the world!


This is one of the many bridges we went over on the trail.


Some of the people that went with us. My sister, Deandra, is the one on the right. She is going back home to Florida this weekend. Boo Hoo!


Jamie, Daniel, and Caleb


Angie and her son Logan.


A small waterfall in the creek running along the side of the trail.

Another waterfall. Isn't it pretty?

I love all of the rocks in the creek. It reminds me of the river in front of my grandma's house in New York.

We stopped to eat at The Creeper Trail Cafe. We had worked up quite an appetite; I was starving. I had a huge bacon cheeseburger and some fries. It was delicious, but I was still hungry, so I got a Rice Krispy Treat too.

This is a view of the creek from one of the bridges. I love the rock formations. The picture really doesn't do it justice - it was beautiful.

Drew and Caleb. Drew couldn't hold on any longer.
_______________________________________________________
It was a long day, but a fun one. I hope we get to go again next year, but we will take all of the kids with us. Daniel kept saying throughout the whole trail how much the kids would love to do it too. So, next year they will more than likely be joining in the fun.












1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hey! Those pics of me were pretty good! LOL

We had a good time, huh? I look forward to doing it again too.

~Kristi