Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Day in Maggie Valley

Last week my mom came to pick up my sister from my house. My family lives in Florida so we don't get to spend very much time with them. Needless to say, when she comes she wants to make the most out of her time with the grandkids. She had wanted to go to Maggie Valley the last time she was here, but the weather was terrible and we never made it out past Ashville. So, since Daniel was off last Thursday we all loaded up and headed out to Maggie Valley. It was very overcast and sprinkling when we left home, but as we got closer to the mountains everything was sunny and dry.

After we drove through the busy part of town in the center of Maggie Valley we came to a little country store with a huge lookout tower. For 50 cents per person you could walk to the top of the tower to look through the binoculars and take some pictures. So, that's exactly what we did. Although the binoculars were not very good the view was great.

This picture was taken at the bottom of the tower.


These pictures were taken from the top of the tower.















After we were done taking some pictures and doing some shopping we were ready for lunch. We stopped at a Mexican Restaurant that had really nice views, but the food was not as good as El Titanic. LOL...
After reading the menu for himself, Isaac showed me what he wanted to eat.
And so did Logan.

My mom loves gem mining, so we got some directions to Old Pressley Sapphire Mine. When we got there it was closed though. I guess we got a flyer that did not have the updated hours of operation. Oh well - I wasn't too disappointed.
We had a great time in the mountains last week. It was nice just to be able to spend the day with my husband as a family. We don't get to do that very often anymore.










4 comments:

Nanny said...

Hello Meghan,
It was so nice of you to visit my blog and send me a happy birthday message.
I love your pictures of the mountains. It really blessed my heart to see the trees. Thank you for posting your trip.
I thought you and Daniel only had 6 children but when I counted heads there were 7. Who is the 7th. child??? :} :} Only trying to keep them straight.
You have a good day and I love you guys very much.
Nanny Birt

Nanny said...

AND JUST

"WHO ARE YOU......????????
THE KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL. THEY LOOK LIKE THE GRADUATING CLASS AT HARVARD UNIVERSITY. SEVERAL YEARS FROM NOW, OF COURSE.

Kristi said...

Those were WONDERFUL pictures. Looks like a great day. You'll have to tell me how to get there. We'll take our kids up.

You should have told mom that Logan was your OTHER child. LOL

~Kristi

Amy said...

Great pictures!
I'm glad that ya'll had a good time.
C/ya later

~Amy