Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to School Party

Okay! I know I didn't put a post on yesterday, but we were extremely busy. First we had a Back to School Party for all of the homeschooling families at 10 o'clock. We all brought a covered dish, a dessert, and a drink. Before we ate we went over the schedule for this school year while Daniel took all of the kids to the gym for a game of kickball. It was great!


Malachi just hanging out in the kitchen while we waited for a couple of the other families to get there.



Joseph found something to snack on - you know, to keep him busy.



Ethan had a ball while his sister carted him around the room in the highchair.



Here are some of the kids playing after we finished eating.



Daniel felt inclined to grace us with his presence yesterday.



Pam couldn't stop giggling when I was trying to take her picture.



Pam's daughter, Nicole, posing for me.



Kristi and Hannah on their way out.



Kelly helping pack up the leftovers.



Malachi wheeling around the trash can to clean up the tables.



We had a great time at the Co - Op and I am looking forward to this school year. After we left the Fellowship Hall we went home to do some cleaning and other miscellaneous jobs around the house. Since this was Daniel's first day off (other than Sundays of course) in like a month we had a lot of tedious work to be done at the house. And believe me when I tell you - he found a lot of work for us to do.

Yesterday evening when we had finished at home we met the Rohrer's and the Carter's at the Patterson Springs Park to let the little ones play, play a game of soccer, and for the ladies to walk around the track. It couldn't have been a nicer day to go to the park , I didn't even break a sweat. Everyone one, especially the kids, had a lot of fun just playing at the park and fellowshipping with our friends.

After we finished playing at the park we went home to pick up Daniel's truck before going over to the Rohrer's house so Joel could help Daniel fix his driver's side window. The motor went out and the window would not stay up - every time we would fix it temporarily it would eventually just fall back down inside the door. It never really bothered Daniel too much though - unless it was raining. And then he became quite perturbed. But thank heavens they fixed the window.

Finally, it was time to go home, get ready for bed, and have devotions.
Yesterday was a great day - we got a lot accomplished and just had a lot of fun just spending time with each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sis i got your blog saved in my favorites i love it. poor joseph i saw that swallow eye

Kristi said...

Your pictures turned out great. Joseph's cracked me up. What a funny kid. But that look on Daniel's face really cracked me up too. What was THAT about? LOL And I have to say, I'm not terribly humiliated at the pic you took of me.

We were told about the park, but we went to play golf instead. You're right. The weather was WONDERFUL! It was my first time and I had a ball.

I'm glad Daniel got his window fixed. I hate being rained on in a car when the windows down. LOL

~Kristi